Kitchen pendant lights are an item that can update your kitchen in no time. For the upscale home, you may consider a suspension fixture that will provide direct light. These types include the number of diffusers of your choice that come in numerous styles. For example, you may prefer hand-blown glass diffusers with tubular steel bodies. The ceiling assembly will include arms and side plugs with pressed and galvanized steel ceiling fittings. Or you may fancy a designer look with a little whimsy like a Frisbee shaped light or Pendant with a ball of metal discs hanging on a metal frame. Some designer pendants are made out of recycling and are made with the utmost quality.
For a Kitchen remodeling project, there are also available numerous styles and sizes of pendants at reasonable prices. Once this lighting is put in, you will enjoy precise lighting that will benefit you while cooking, eating, or just hanging out in the kitchen. Popular choices on the market include a mega bulb pendant, saucer lamp, ball lamp, chandelier, cigar shape, pear shape and many others. Pendant lighting also comes in numerous styles, such as country, modern or traditional. Find the perfect lighting to complement your kitchen which is also offered in various colors to include white, gold, and brass.
Builders install pendant lights in new homes, and many contractors will suggest it for a remodeling solution. Pendant lighting is a great way to bring your current kitchen up to date and modern. Whether you use it over a table, throughout the kitchen, or over an island, it will improve the value and efficiency of your home. These lights are obtainable in small to large fixtures, depending on the area where it is to be installed.
It is up to you how you would like the kitchen pendant lighting to look as you can install them in any arrangement suitable to you. Additionally, there is a great deal of different colored bulbs to use, even blue for a dimmer effect.
Shop around on the internet and you will find an endless selection whether money is no object or you are looking for discount prices. Many department stores and home improvement stores also will display quite a selection of lighting for your kitchen.
Your kitchen deserves to be well-lit and inviting; after all, it is the hub of the household. When planning a renovation, never underestimate the importance of quality kitchen light fixtures. No matter how large or small the project, a great kitchen lighting scheme can make a dramatic difference.
Be sure to install kitchen light fixtures in layers for the best results, providing plenty of general/ ambient, task, and accent lighting.
- Flush Mounts: Affordable and available in countless traditional & contemporary designs, flush mounts (sometimes called “close to ceiling” fixtures) are an ever-popular choice for general lighting in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Island Lights: A type of chandelier, these have a special elongated style perfect for kitchen islands. For more focused illumination (for homework or food preparation), choose an island chandelier with downward facing lights.
- Wall Sconces: Looking to spruce up a wall or corner that’s particularly dark or bare? A wall sconce is a wonderful solution, adding style and general illumination.
- Mini Pendants: These kitchen light fixtures (miniature versions of pendant lights) are commonly used over a kitchen island or bar. An emerging trend is using “staggered” mini pendants over a small breakfast table.
- Ceiling Pendants: To provide a more focused illumination for everyday tasks, choose a pendant that mainly emits light through the bottom (rather than a style with a glass diffuser). These are great for use over the sink.
- Under Cabinet Lights: Draw attention to your prized backsplash or countertops with affordable under cabinet lights, your secret weapon in kitchen design. They are fairly easy to install, and available in “puck” or strip styles. Some under cabinet lights even plug directly into outlets, no hardwiring required.
- Track Lighting. One of the most versatile kitchen fixtures, track lighting can double as accent and general lighting. Simply point the track head at any feature in the kitchen you wish to spotlight!